Friday, January 4, 2008

What's on and off.......

It's the end of the weekend---ugh!


I wish I wasn't going to work tomorrow, but no such luck. It is back to the old schedule & routine. Our weekend at the ridge has been fast and furious but let's not dwell on the that--I'm just glad it's all over and we are back to normal next week.

Here is what has just come off the wheel.


This is 4 oz. of Bluefaced Leicester that was dyed by my neighbor Val [I spun it up for her]. It was her first time at the dye pot, didn't she do a great job?!!


Off the needles!

Here is d~'s hat that I was trying feverishly to complete by Christmas, and I did {whew!}. He was very surprised to find it under the tree!


What is currently on the wheel!





This is corriedale pencil roving in the colorway Berry Pie [discontinued] dyed by my friend Teyani when she was at Crown Mountain Farms. Teyani is an incredible spinner & knitter. Hop on over to her blog and see the beautiful stuff she makes!



I love how it is spinning up. I am going to try navajo plying with this and use it in 2 different hat patterns I have.

One pattern is from Classis Elite Yarns, it's called Cabled Hat . The other pattern is one from Elizabeth Zimmermann called the Spiral Hat. I found that pattern in her book 'The Opinionated Knitter'.

The spinning of both Val's & Berry Pie was done with my new Woolee Winder I got for Christmas from d~.
I LOVE IT!

It has increased my production by a ton!
Have a great week!!

No comments: