Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm tackling socks!

Well, I've made the jump into knitting socks! This is really fun too. I thought I would start with something simple, so I made these little booties for my friend who is expecting a baby girl in a few months.


These were very fun to make, a little confusing in the beginning but once I got the hang of it I was able to knit them both in up in 2 days.


Now I'm on to socks for me!




Don't you love this colorway? I won this sock yarn at a book signing for Cat Bordhi's latest book: NEW PATHWAYS FOR SOCK KNITTERS. That was a great night. Blue Moon Fiber Arts sponsored the event. I have always loved their fiber.

As for what is on the wheel, I have made a little progress on that Corriedale I was spinning earlier in the month. Just slow and steady, the hats I wanted to knit with that yarn will probably be ready to wear next fall. Oh well.

As for the Ridge, we are waiting for snow! The weather guys have changed their minds so many times we're not sure what to expect. One time we hear 3-4" today and 2-5" tomorrow, then another time it's 2-3" for both days. Keep your fingers crossed! My cousin called, who lives 2 hours South of us, she said they have 7 inches! We want our share of that!

No comments: