Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The adventure begins!

Ok, so I can now say I'm a blogger--scarey thought for me. My Hubby (a.k.a. D~) has talked to me about starting a blog several times but I just thought who would want to read about what I'm doing? Also, I think I had been too chicken to do it. Besides, I have a full time job (many actually but we can get to that later) plus I'm a Wife and a Mom! When I do sit down to spin or knit, I feel really guilty that I'm not doing some chore that needs to be done or what ever. So here I sit, wondering what else I can write?

What's on the wheel? Wool for a 1x1 knitted cap for our son (a.k.a. d~), for Christmas. The wool is a combed blend (by me) of a white Gotland/Merino cross (very soft lamb) & a dark gray Border Leicester. Once I really get the hang of this I'll post pics but until then, you'll just have to take my word for it.

What's on the needles (besides the cap)? An alpaca vest for D~, I've been working on this for over a year but I'm going to finish it so I can wrap it up for Christmas--yes he knows about it so there is the no surprise element but he'll enjoy it just the same. I have to say that this alpaca was the very first fleece I ever got. D~ purchased it for me when I first started spinning (2005). I came home from work and there was this bag of beautiful white alpaca sitting in the garage. I was so excited! MY FIRST FLEECE! So I told him he would get the first garment from that fleece--and he is, it's just taking me awhile to get it done.

The adventure has begun, you better hang on, it could be a wild ride!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love your site its to die for,I can't seem to get mine right so I just go into different chat groups to see whats up,good luck with your good works........Happy New Year