Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall is here!

I was thrilled when Fall arrived. I love fall. The cool nights (better for snuggling!), hearty soups and a roaring fire. I have been looking forward to Fall this year, more than any other year. Another great thing about Fall is Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival (this weekend!!!!). This is such a great festival, tons of vendors and great classes. I am going to take a plying class taught by my friend Ruth (owner of The Dizzy Ewe). the other class I am taking is a machine knitting class. I have 3 knitting machines and would really like to learn how to use and at least look like I know what I'm doing. Those classes are on Friday, but on Saturday & Sunday, I will be helping my friend Debbie with beginning spinning classes. There will be 1 class on each day so I will have plenty of time to shop! I also heard from a little birdie that my knitting guru Teyani will be down for a class too. Go check out her blog, she is an incredible knitter. I am so amazed how fast she can knit things up.

On a more down home note my baby Cyndir, well maybe not a baby she is 29 after all and weights over 1200 pounds, (she is a horse, an Appaloosa to be specific), has some ouchies that take tending morning and night. Needless to say I'm up at 4:30 AM to take care of her--she is worth it though. Here is a picture of her from a few winters back. Can you find her?




















She is peeking her head out from behind the barn!

If I remember to take pictures, I usually just walk around enjoying the sites and forget I have a camera, I'll post some next week after the festival. Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments: